Rehabilitation and Therapy Services in North Dallas, Texas
Full-spectrum therapeutic care.
The demands of recovering from stroke, heart attack, joint replacement, illness or surgery are physical, mental and emotional. Patients must often push themselves beyond their own expectations to regain independence. To do this, they need quality care and progressive rehabilitation services from professionals who thoroughly understand these challenges, and who offer compassionate support every step of the way.
Whether you require inpatient or outpatient rehab therapy, the in-house therapy team at Presbyterian Village North — one of the few communities to have such a dedicated group — can help you regain your independence. We maintain a high nurse-to-patient ratio and deliver individualized care from physical therapists, wound care specialists, psychologists, and speech and occupational therapists — tailored therapy and personal care for a shorter stay and a better outcome.
Getting you back where you want to be.
Presbyterian Village North excels at helping people get better. We support strength training, fitness-based rehabilitation, and aquatic therapy utilizing our HydroWorx 3500 therapy pool and underwater treadmill — the same equipment brand used by NASA, the U.S. Navy Seals, and elite athletes such as the NBA’s Dallas Mavericks. Other advanced treatments available here include electrical stimulation therapy, ultrasound therapy, and intense stroke recovery programs utilizing Bioness® technology.
Our services are open to the general public and can include:
- Orthopedic rehabilitation
- Post-stroke rehabilitation
- Speech therapy
- Occupational therapies
- Joint replacement rehab
Inpatient residents may take advantage of:
- Housekeeping and dining services
- Group and individualized activities
- Community common areas and courtyards
- Cable TV and WiFi Internet
- Pet therapy
- Classes and entertainment
- Spa and salon services
- Worship activities
- Post-discharge follow-up
Contact us for details about new transitional care residences for short-term rehab stays coming with The Village campus revitalization initiative, or call 1-800-400-4130 to schedule a private tour.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you have experienced neuromuscular or skeletal injury or dysfunction, you want the best physical therapy available. Our program focuses on individualized therapeutic treatment to help restore function, and may include:
- Training in mobility, gait stability, posture and positioning
- Exercise programs to increase muscle function, coordination and endurance
- Joint and soft tissue mobilization to increase range of motion
- Wound care
- Pain management
Though similar, insofar as helping to restore strength and mobility, occupational therapy helps people adapt to their social and physical environment through:
- Education and training in areas such as dressing, bathing, eating and grooming
- Activities for memory, orientation and cognitive integration
- Adaptive techniques or equipment to overcome physical disabilities
- Strengthening and coordination exercises
- Exercises to maintain normal joint movement to reduce the effects of arthritis or other conditions
Speech and language pathologists address general communication issues and swallowing dysfunction. Treatment plans are designed for such individual needs as:
- Recovery of speech, language and memory skills
- Verbal and nonverbal communication, including programs for the hearing-impaired
- Oral muscle strength and functioning required for speaking and swallowing
- Appropriate diet recommendations